« Home | More Apple Patents » | Apple Shareholders' Meeting » | iPod Content On Blu-ray Discs » | Apple Now Blocking MySpace In Their Retail Stores » | Apple Releases 17" MacBook Pro » | Apple To Gain Narket Share » | More Google Redesign Screenshots » | Nano To Get An Upgrade This Summer » | Intel Steals Job's Thunder? » | 17" MacBook Pros To Arrive Sunday? » 

Saturday, April 29, 2006

200GB Blu-ray Discs

From Reg Hardware "TDK has gone ahead and produced the 200GB Blu-ray Disc it announced a few weeks ago that it was working on. And while it appears to have failed to compress four standard dual-layer 50GB discs together into a single unit, it has nonetheless come up with a novel alternative. According to a subscription-only report on Japanese-language site Techon, the 200GB BD contains six data-storage layers. Now, with a standard dual-layer BD offering 50GB of storage capacity, you might well assume that the 200GB model contains not six but eight data layers." This could be a big bonus for the companies in the Blu-ray camp. I still haven't taken a side. Although, I don't have an HD TV so it doesn't affect me at the current time. I will probably base my decision on DRM issues and iPod video content when I do decide though. I think it is just to early to say.

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm Daniel
  • From Texas, United States
  • I'm 14 and enjoy blogging, podcasting, and gaming. My favorite quote is: "To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination. And the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard." Bill Gates, Chairman and Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corporation.
My profile

Links

Newsletter


Subscribe to the Geekology newsletter and get all the latest posts emailed to you:



Geekology Podcast