« Home | Why Windows Vista Will suck » | Apple To Release Video iPod With 4-inch Display » | Apple To Release Movie Store? » | "Origami" Project Confirmed By Microsoft » | Apple Holding Out On Us? » | The Apple Store Is Back Up » | Keynote Has Officialy Ended » | Keynote Over Already? » | iPod Hi-Fi Specs » | Apple Announces iPod Hi-Fi » 

Saturday, March 04, 2006

iPod Hi-Fi: My Thoughts

I went to the opening of a new Apple Store in North Park mall today and got to check out all the cool new products released last week. There is not a lot to say about the new contraption that you dock you iPod in. Well, it plays music... from your iPod, and it does a dang good job of it. The sound quality was far superior of the Bose SoundDock sitting next to it. The most noticeable difference in sound quality over other iPod sound docks was the bass performance. One reason I hate the Bose SoundDock so much is the fact that it has hardly any bass, if any. In fact, the iPod Hi-Fi had such good bass that it made the table vibrate and you could see and feel the subwoofer inside of it. It also had better volume than other iPod sound docks. There are some problems I have with it though. First off, it is very heavy. I could not see carrying it around the house or in the backyard. Second, your iPod is not locked into dock and could fall off if picked up. I much prefer the design of the Altec Lansing inMotion and it's little door thing you open up and slide your iPod into. I did like that it can be controlled with the included Apple Remote and that there are customized settings for the dock in the new iPod firmware. If you do not plan to move you iPod dock around then I would definitely go with the iPod Hi-fi over any of the other Sound Docks. If you want more than please read PC Mag's Review.

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Hi, Does the ipod shuffle fit into, cuz it doesn't look like it ?!?!

Yes. There is an auxiliary port on the back where you can plug in a Shuffle or another kind of MP3 player. I forgot to mention that in the post.

OH! thanxs, so it will work!

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm Daniel
  • From Texas, United States
  • I'm 14 and enjoy blogging, podcasting, and gaming. My favorite quote is: "To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination. And the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard." Bill Gates, Chairman and Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corporation.
My profile

Links

Newsletter


Subscribe to the Geekology newsletter and get all the latest posts emailed to you:



Geekology Podcast