« Home | Google Site Redesign? » | MPPA Accused of Piracy » | DRM Is A Complete Lie » | Re-Introducing The Real Windows Vista » | Microsoft Aims to Erase Their "Huge Company" Image... » | Microsoft Wins FAT Patent Case » | Everything You Need To Know To Prepeare You PC for... » | Intel iMac Review » | EFF: The Two Flags Are Back » | MacBook Pro Battery Life » 

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

IE 7 Public Beta 2

Ok I know what you are going to say... "People still use that?", "IE what?", or "Microsoft has a browser?" Even though IE is a thing of the past for most techies, IE 7 does have new features that might be "competitive" with Firefox. I have been playing around with it and the RSS features are kinda nice. There is also another feature that I like that you can probably get in Firefox with an extension. It is called "Quick Tabs" and what it does is give you a preview of all your open tabs. This is useful if you are one of those multi-taskers that has like 70 tabs open. The interface is ok. I much prefer Firefox's UI and feel, but at least with IE 7 you don't get memory leaks every 10 minutes. Overall, IE 7 is an ok browser, but it still lacks support for extensions and themes. There is still the issue of security. I think I will stay with Firefox for now.

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm Daniel
  • From Texas, United States
  • I'm 14 and enjoy blogging, podcasting, and gaming. My favorite quote is: "To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination. And the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard." Bill Gates, Chairman and Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corporation.
My profile

Links

Newsletter


Subscribe to the Geekology newsletter and get all the latest posts emailed to you:



Geekology Podcast