« Home | EFF: The Two Flags Are Back » | MacBook Pro Battery Life » | Nokia 770 » | Prices » | Isight, and IR Apple Remote Sensor » | "One More Thing..." Macbook Pro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! » | MacRumors.com : Macworld San Francisco 2006 Live U... » | I Missed This » | Apple To Launch Low-cost Laptop and Cheap iPod At ... » | Microsoft Introduces New Media Service "Urge" » 

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Intel iMac Review

I went to the CompUSA yesterday to talk to John (the Apple guy) and to my surprise they had already received the new 1.87 GHz Intel iMac complete with iLife '06 and all. It was noticeably faster than the previous iMacs. It took hardly any time at all to load all the iLife apps and iPhoto "scrolled like butter." I went back and forth between it and the Powermac Quad and I have to say I was stunned. I could tell any difference using the iMac vs. the Powermac. If anything the iMac felt faster, especially when browsing the web and using iLife applications. I also played around with iWeb for a while. It was very easy to use and the templates looked great. Dragging over photos from iPhoto was a breeze. I think that anyone could make a professional looking website with iWeb. Even my mom could sit down and begin using the program. Garageband was also very zippy and easy to use. All of the little "Jingles" and "Sound Effects" were great. It also made it east to make an enhanced podcast with chapters, multiple album art, and links. They did not have any games to test out, nor did they have Office installed so I did not get a chance to see how fast Rosetta is. If you would like a full review than please check out PC Mag's Review.

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm Daniel
  • From Texas, United States
  • I'm 14 and enjoy blogging, podcasting, and gaming. My favorite quote is: "To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination. And the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard." Bill Gates, Chairman and Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corporation.
My profile

Links

Newsletter


Subscribe to the Geekology newsletter and get all the latest posts emailed to you:



Geekology Podcast