« Home | MSN And Yahoo To Link Instant Messenger Services » | A New Team Member » | Video iPod After All » | Charge Your Electronic Devices WIRELESSLY!! » | Google Global Wi-Fi/Satellite Based Internet ? » | The iWood Nano: iPod Case Made From 100% Nature - ... » | Dvorak On Microsoft's Protection Racket » | Black iPod UI? » | Inquisitor Instant Search - Predictive Searching » | Apple Set To Release New Macs And iPods That Dynam... » 

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Update On AIM Triton Beta

I am sorry to say that I have changed my opinion of the AOL Instant Messenger Triton Beta. While it was installed on my system I had a problem with my PC not connecting to the internet through the router. I was still connected to the network and file and printer sharing was working fine, but it would not connect to the web. I uninstalled the AIM Beta and it worked fine afterwards. After this experience I would not recommend using the beta. At least wait till the full non-beta version is released. I do not use the AIM client period. I have replaced all my IM clients with Trillian. I would suggest other people to do the same, do to the fact that the "name brand" clients install things that you do not want/need and they slow your PC down. Another good reason to use Trillian is that it combines all of your IM services in one. It supports the following services: AOL, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ, and IRC.

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm Daniel
  • From Texas, United States
  • I'm 14 and enjoy blogging, podcasting, and gaming. My favorite quote is: "To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination. And the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard." Bill Gates, Chairman and Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corporation.
My profile

Links

Newsletter


Subscribe to the Geekology newsletter and get all the latest posts emailed to you:



Geekology Podcast