« Home | Windows Vista Build 5231 Leaked » | Google OS? » | Google's Hidden Features » | Another Feature Dropped From Vista » | Video iPod: It's Official... Sort Of... » | More iPod Video "Proof" » | Apple Website Said Something About iTunes+iPod Vid... » | iPod Video Pictures » | HBO Attacking BitTorrent » | Apple Event October 12th New Powerbooks NOT iPods » 

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Review Of AIM Triton Beta

Well, I have been using the new beta of AIM, dubbed Triton, and I have to say that it looks pretty nice. It has some interesting new features such as: XM Radio built in, a contact list, new away message options, and a new look. Overall it is ok, but there is one thing that tics me off when it comes to AIM or AOL in general. When you install the beta it also install there crappy web browser, AOL Explorer, and Plaxo. I didn't want either of them and there was no option for them in the install. When one of my friends installed it none of his games would work until he uninstalled AOL Explorer. I just which that AOL would stop crapping up people's PCs with adware and junk that people don't want and didn't ask for. I hope that this won't be included in the final non-beta release.

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm Daniel
  • From Texas, United States
  • I'm 14 and enjoy blogging, podcasting, and gaming. My favorite quote is: "To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination. And the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard." Bill Gates, Chairman and Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corporation.
My profile

Links

Newsletter


Subscribe to the Geekology newsletter and get all the latest posts emailed to you:



Geekology Podcast