« Home | IE More Secure Than Firefox? » | Steve Jobs Confirmed That The First Intel Macs Wil... » | Steve Jobs Says: Were Not Going To Raise iTunes So... » | A Drunk Guy Eats His Cellphone's SIM Card? » | Google Saves An Infant From An Unnecessary Blood T... » | Google WiFi: The Official FAQ » | Google WiFi » | Microsoft To Buy Stake In AOL? » | Dell Ditty Now Available » | Dell Ditty MP3 Player » 

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My Take On Copy-Protection

I thought I would take the time to post a few of my thoughts on copy-protection and illegal downloading. I believe that copy-protection is pretty useless considering that it only hurts people that are using the music, movies, games, software, or whatever it is LEGALLY. The people that are going to copy it just simply remove it and do what they wish. It doesn't hurt them in any way at all. In fact, thanks to Google, removing copy-protection is simple and easy for anyone to do. On the other hand, music downloading doesn't hurt artists at all. As a matter of fact, it might even help them. Bands that put there music up free for download on there website do really well. Well.... those were my completely random, off the top of my head, thoughts on copy-protection.

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm Daniel
  • From Texas, United States
  • I'm 14 and enjoy blogging, podcasting, and gaming. My favorite quote is: "To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination. And the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard." Bill Gates, Chairman and Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corporation.
My profile

Links

Newsletter


Subscribe to the Geekology newsletter and get all the latest posts emailed to you:



Geekology Podcast