« Home | Game Boy Micro Hits Stores On Monday » | New Mac Mini Upgrade Already? » | Funny Computer Predictions » | "No Bluetooth iPod" Says Steve Jobs » | Mozilla Fights Back » | Google To Buy Yahoo? » | Opera Browser Is Now Free!! » | My Take On Copy-Protection » | IE More Secure Than Firefox? » | Steve Jobs Confirmed That The First Intel Macs Wil... » 

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Google Is Getter Bigger All The Time

I think that Google will have some big stuff in store over the next few years. There were a few somewhat realistic things people that they might do, such as: Google OS (maybe open-source), Gbrowser, GoogleTV, and other numerous claims. It has been confirmed that Google has been looking for someone with experience in the Television industry that has skills such as: set top boxes, cable TV, PVRs, IP TV. It will be interesting to see what Google will do in the future. I have become a big fan of Google and what they are doing. What do you think?

E-mail this post



Remenber me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

I think the only thing Google has going for it is money in those spaces. Their core competence is technology, specifically searching through a huge amount of data and delivering information quickly. With Google Earth, they add to that competency (as well as Maps, Local, Images, News). They also seem to be going along that vein with Gmail and Google Desktop.

I think they're going away from things with a wifi and television product or even a web browser. This may work for them (Microsoft has some success at it). But then again, it probably won't (Microsoft failed at being able to compete with Quicken in the money space and with Adobe in the Photoshop space). I would bet that they'll burn through millions of dollars and not get anything out of it in these spaces. When it comes to their core competence though (searching through tons of data to find relavent information), I believe they will be the best for at least the next 5 years.

I for one think that Google will be the number one search for more than 5 years. Also, I read an article that said Google and Yahoo both are going to have a TV SEARCH. They will both search for words said in a TV show.

I think that if Google did a browser, it would be a good one. Yet, they might just buy Opera or something like that and change it. I think that they are mainly good at searching too, but they can do other things well too. Let's just wait and see what happens.

Add a comment

 

About me

  • I'm Daniel
  • From Texas, United States
  • I'm 14 and enjoy blogging, podcasting, and gaming. My favorite quote is: "To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little bit different. It takes something that's really new and really captures people's imagination. And the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever seen, is the only one that meets that standard." Bill Gates, Chairman and Chief Software Architect, Microsoft Corporation.
My profile

Links

Newsletter


Subscribe to the Geekology newsletter and get all the latest posts emailed to you:



Geekology Podcast